Communications and Social Media Specialist
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to be a member of our dynamic team to support our communications both internally and externally. You will cover a range of activities that will help NREC expand its presence in commercial and government markets. You will also be responsible our social media accounts. Duties include creative direction and content development of outreach activities and material such as posters, pamphlets, merchandise and other printed graphics; weekly generation of new content for our social media accounts; generate text and graphics for our website; photography, image editing, graphics design and more.
- Generate and post content on NREC’s social media pages on a weekly basis.
- Generate content from internal and external sources for news stories and press releases (text and photos).
- Support NREC’s Management with internal communications such as quarterly newsletters, official announcements, etc.
- Update content on our website (e.g. posting news stories, updating videos/graphics, adding project pages, updating job postings, etc.)
- Coordinate and orchestrate quarterly newsletter campaigns from start to finish including content generation and email distribution.
- Use communication tools to gather metrics/data on effectiveness of operations.
- Generate ideas on how to improve NREC's image, presence, and branding.
- Generate graphics material for posters, flyers, banners, proposals and other printed materials.
- Update and maintain all outreach material within NREC that are visible by visitors (posters, banners, etc.)
- Design other material for NREC staff such as t-shirts, coffee mugs, etc. and manage these mini projects from start to finish.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree with equivalent experience.
- 0-3 yrs. – Marketing/Outreach experience
- 0-3 yrs. – Social-media experience
- Excellent writing, communication, and teamwork skills
- Experience with a prevalent graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator
- Demonstrated abilities to help promote the brand of an organization
- Experience with photographic equipment and the skills and experience for taking high-quality photos
- Able to lead, coordinate, and execute outreach projects and newsletter campaign from start to finish.
We want to hear from you if you have experience or qualifications in ANY of the following areas:
- Track record of significant increases in social media followers and/or traffic.
- Experience in robotics, high-technology and/or R&D environment.
You will have an impact on shaping the robotics revolution, collaborate with and learn from experts, and build your career in a very fast-growing field. As part of our team, you will develop solutions to solve industrial and government challenges, deploy your technology in real-world situations, work side-by-side with elite robotics experts, and develop a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
Have an Impact!
- Remove waste from farming = more food
- Make industrial processes environmentally friendly
- Make hazardous jobs safer
- Improve efficiency in industry & manufacturing
- Accelerate screening of pharmaceuticals
Take Control of Your Career!
- Select the career pathway that interests you
- Influence the direction of projects
- Supportive of a non-standard schedule
- Maintain work/life balance
- Switch between part-time and full-time as life demands
NREC is at the center of the robotics ecosystem in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 60 robotics companies, Pittsburgh has become the robotics capital of the world. Geek Wire calls it Robotics Row; others call it Roboburgh. Join the leader in the most exciting time in robotics!
Join the best robotics R&D group
Join our talented team at NREC, an operating unit within the world-renowned Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
NREC has 20+ years of experience and is globally renowned for developing and deploying robots into many applications across multiple sectors, such as agriculture, mining, defense, energy, and manufacturing. We strive to provide solutions for real-world challenges where automation and robots have a greater impact on productivity and improve the safety and comfort of the labor force. Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of unmanned ground vehicle design, autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, operator assistance, 3D mapping, and position estimation. With over 120 robotics professionals, we can solve challenges that no other organization can.
NREC also leads in educational outreach through its Robotics Academy, which builds robotics curricula and software for K-12 and college-level students.
At NREC, we value diversity, support it, and thrive on it for the benefits of our organization, our employees and our community. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.