Job ID: 2017949
Designs, develops, tests and maintains applications or systems programs. Gathers and provides input on functional specifications and requirements. Supports business user questions/issues regarding applications and/or systems issues and availability. Develops and maintains technical documentation. May perform other related technical support for the department or college.
What we are looking for:
The National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC) at Carnegie Mellon University has an open position for an experienced DevOps Engineer. We are people with a desire to make robust software using agile development processes. Our software has been deployed on robotic systems that work under the hot Arizona sun, in the middle of a dense forest, and on a chaotic factory floor.
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Configuring and managing data source containing large amount of robotic sensor data
- Managing CI/CD tools
- Creating and maintaining development tools and reporting tools for robotic systems
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- B.S. in Information Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience (any more is a bonus)
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong Linux system administration background
- Proficient knowledge of Docker, Jenkins, and Ansible
- Proficient scripting skills (Bash and Python preferred)
- Configuration and managing databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Excellent troubleshooting
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Technical communication skills
- Ability to participate in a cross-functional team
- Experience work with Bitbucket, Jira, and Git
We especially want to hear from you if you have experience with CMake!
You will have an impact in shaping the robotics revolution, collaborate with and learn from experts,and build your career in a very fast-growing field. As part of our team, you will develop solutions to solve industrial and government challenges, deploy your technology in real-world situations, work side-by-side with elite robotics experts, and develop a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
Have an Impact!
- Remove waste from farming = more food
- Make industrial processes environmentally friendly
- Make hazardous jobs safer
- Improve efficiency in industry & manufacturing
Take Control of Your Career!
- Select the career pathway that interests you
Influence the direction of projects
- Have a say in your work schedule
- Maintain work/life balance
Switch between part-time and full-time as life demands
NREC is at the center of the robotics ecosystem in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 100 robotics companies, Pittsburgh has become the robotics capital of the world. Geek Wire calls it Robotics Row; others call it Roboburgh.
Join the leader at the most exciting time in robotics.
Join the Best Robotics R&D Group
Join our talented team at NREC, an operating unit within the world-renowned Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
NREC has 25+ years of experience and is globally renowned for developing and deploying robots into many applications across multiple sectors, such as agriculture, mining, defense, energy, and manufacturing. We strive to provide solutions for real-world challenges where automation and robots have a greater impact on productivity and improve the safety and comfort of the labor force. Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of unmanned ground vehicle design, autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, operator assistance, 3D mapping, and position estimation. With over 160 robotics professionals, we can solve challenges that no other organization can.
NREC also leads in educational outreach through its Robotics Academy, which builds robotics curricula and software for K-12 and college-level students.
At NREC, we value diversity, support it, and thrive on it for the benefits of our organization, our employees and our community. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.