HPC Systems Administrator
Job ID: 2016531
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a motivated, self-starter to be a member of our dynamic team as a High Performance Computing Systems Administrator. You will support a range of projects from NREC and from Central Campus that will benefit from your abilities in maintaining Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning systems. Duties include design and scaling of hardware and software systems and working with project teams to support goals and throughput needs. You will work with the NREC Computing group to accomplish facility computing projects and participate in meeting compliance requirements for individual projects and NREC wide.
- Install and maintain AI and ML supporting software and frameworks.
- Specify hardware systems and environment to support AI and ML workloads.
- Administer, configure, maintain, and build upon deployments using industry-standard tools (e.g. Slurm, Kubernetes, Docker, Jira, etc).
- Plan projects using best practice project management standards.
- Respond to, and document submitted support tickets relating to the functionality of various clusters, storage systems, and software solutions.
- Program and/or script with python, bash, or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, information technology, network administration, or similar.
- 3 years of experience with information technology in a support capacity.
- 3 years of experience with Kubernetes, Docker, Container based deployment.
- Proficient in LAN, SAN, NAS, ethernet, Infiniband, fiber channel networking.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated self-starter.
You will have an impact on shaping the robotics revolution, collaborate with and learn from experts, and build your career in a very fast-growing field. As part of our team, you will develop solutions to solve industrial and government challenges, deploy your technology in real-world situations, work side-by-side with elite robotics experts, and develop a variety of cutting-edge technologies.
Have an Impact!
- Remove waste from farming = more food
- Make industrial processes environmentally friendly
- Make hazardous jobs safer
- Improve efficiency in industry & manufacturing
- Accelerate screening of pharmaceuticals
Take Control of Your Career!
- Select the career pathway that interests you
- Influence the direction of projects
- Supportive of a non-standard schedule
- Maintain work/life balance
- Switch between part-time and full-time as life demands
NREC is at the center of the robotics ecosystem in Pittsburgh, PA. With over 60 robotics companies, Pittsburgh has become the robotics capital of the world. Geek Wire calls it Robotics Row; others call it Roboburgh. Join the leader in the most exciting time in robotics!
Join the best robotics R&D group
Join our talented team at NREC, an operating unit within the world-renowned Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University.
NREC has 25+ years of experience and is globally renowned for developing and deploying robots into many applications across multiple sectors, such as agriculture, mining, defense, energy, and manufacturing. We strive to provide solutions for real-world challenges where automation and robots have a greater impact on productivity and improve the safety and comfort of the labor force. Our unique expertise places us at the forefront of unmanned ground vehicle design, autonomy, sensing and perception, machine learning, machine vision, operator assistance, 3D mapping, and position estimation. With over 160 robotics professionals, we can solve challenges that no other organization can.
NREC also leads in educational outreach through its Robotics Academy, which builds robotics curricula and software for K-12 and college-level students.
At NREC, we value diversity, support it, and thrive on it for the benefits of our organization, our employees and our community. Carnegie Mellon University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.